Saturday, February 21, 2009

4 Months!!

Micah turned 4 months old last Friday. I took him to the doctor this past Monday for his well baby check. He weighed 15lbs 15oz and was 25 inches long!! He moved back to the 50th percentile. At his 3 month appointment he was in the 90th, but during the last month he must have evened out again and is now exactly where he should be :) He looks huge though and even feels huge. Micah is starting to learn more about his voice and is making sure we know it too. We hear more "yelling" now as he is trying to talk.

We still think he has some teeth that are trying to work their way in, but they haven't shown yet. We will start solids next month, so that will be a fun experience. I'm sure he will be such a happy baby to get something other than liquid. He practically drools over the food we eat. It is so funny the way he watches us eat, as if he is about grab the food right out of our hand.

Micah is now start to grab for what he wants, which has been interesting. The other day, I went to pick him up after a very long day at work and he grabbed my face and started licking and sucking on my cheek! Apparently, he thought I was his bottle. He is also starting to grab my hands and pulling them to his mouth to suck on them. It is weird to see him in this stage. Ethan didn't like to put anything in his mouth, but Micah seems to love it. I remember prying Ethan's mouth open, just to get him to suck on something for teething! We have no problem this time, I think, instead, we will have to take things out of his mouth.

Overall, he seems to be growing and developing very well. He had a couple of vaccines on Monday and he was such a trooper. I was always proud of the way Ethan handled shots. He would just cry for a few seconds, then look at my face and calm down. Micah does the same thing. He cried for just a few seconds, found my face and calmed down. I was so proud of him. He seems to have a pretty similar temperament as Ethan, which will mean good things if it stays that way. We have been really lucky with Ethan being such a good boy, and we hope that we have the same thing with Micah. So far he seems to be very similar to Ethan in that respect.

Ethan will be going to kindergarten next year, so Matt went to an introductory meeting for that last Friday. He will go to the same school that he is currently attending, which will be great for his transition. We have already started to prep him for the fact that he will have a different teacher and a lot more friends in his class. He seems to understand now, because he will tell us how it will be different. In March, we get to go to the open house for kindergarten. I've subbed in the kindergarten at his school, so I know a little bit about it already, but it has been something like 8 years since I subbed there. I talked with his teacher yesterday and we were able to discuss some of the plans for Ethan. We will finalize the plans for him sometime in May. At that time, it will be decided if he will stay on the IEP and then what kind of services he will need. It sounds like he will probably have the IEP, but as a team we'll have to discuss what will be the best situation for him. Our biggest concern is that he doesn't fall through the cracks and just slip by each year. Thankfully, his district has a good special eduction program, so we are really happy about that.

Here are some pictures of my big boys!!
The monthly picture with the bear!

Big Brother wanted to hop into the picture!

Proud of his trains that he was playing with.

Huh??? What do you want now?

This is what I get to see everyday! It makes me so happy!

No comments: