Monday, February 09, 2009

Sickness and more...

The last time I wrote, I mentioned that Ethan was getting sick. He ended up with an ear infection along with all of the asthma/cold stuff. In the end, we were giving him 4 different medications. Unfortunately, because he was on prednosone along with his albuterol, we ended up with many sleepless nights. One morning he woke up at 1:30 am and never went back to sleep until about 8pm that night!! Then that night he woke up at 3:30am and didn't go back to sleep until that evening. It was not a fun couple of nights, but somehow we made it through. He is still coming out of it all, but is doing a lot better overall. Micah seems to have avoided this mess, but he has had a runny nose off and on, which could be from the teething we think he is doing right now. Matt and I have not done as well as Micah though. Matt got sick toward the end of the week and I am now getting sick. Hopefully, we will all be healthier soon, because we are sick of being sick! I just wish things would be easier with Ethan and sickness, but I guess we'll just have to wait that out and hope we will someday be able to get through a cold without being worried about his asthma and lungs in general.

Other than that, we are surviving me being back at work. It has been difficult at times, but we are making it. I'm trying not to bring home a lot of work, but that doesn't seem to be working too well. I'd really like to get to a point where I don't have to bring home anything. I'm hoping to get myself a couple of weeks ahead if possible, so that I can spend more time with the kids in the evening. Its funny because I have brought home stuff each night and most nights I am so exhausted and end up hanging out with Ethan and Micah, then going to bed. Tonight is one of those nights. As soon as I finish this I'm headed to bed, because I am really beginning to feel quite sick. Plus, I have Micah cuddled up on me right now and he needs to cuddle up in his bed :)

Hopefully, in the next week or so I'll have some pictures of my new car! We are in the process of looking right now, since my car lease is about to be up. I think we are down to 2 or 3 cars and are just trying to decide which will give us the most features! It is hard with all of the high-tech stuff available now :)

Here are some recent pictures of Micah and Ethan...

No comments: