Monday, December 22, 2008

Rollovers, Elves & Stuff

Just a mish mash of stuff here...

So, a few weeks ago, Matt and I had a car roll over into our yard for the 2nd time! Several years ago at our old house, we had a car roll over into our front yard on a snowy night. Luckily, the guy was stopped by the pine tree in our front yard and missed our house. He was fine after the accident. Matt and I were both pretty scared thinking about the fact that he could have easily slid right into our house. In the end we were thankful that nothing bad happened other than that car being totalled and we hoped to never see something like this again.

So, fast forward to about 1:00 am on Dec. 6. Matt was just bringing Micah up to bed after his feeding, which woke me up. All of a sudden, we heard a screech and then thud, thud, thud. At that point we knew that a car must have just flipped over, we just didn't know where. So, Matt ran to one of the front windows and found a truck flipped over in a pine tree off the corner of our house. So, he called 911 and while he was doing that, I saw the driver running from the car and then down the road. Come to find out the guy was probably drunk, skidded on the snowy road, over corrected, blew through our neighbors mailbox, then rolled over in our yard and landed in the tree. He ran, probably because he was scared to be caught drunk driving. He was later brought back by his friends, after the police quickly identified who the car belonged to (shows he was most definitely drunk). We had about 6 various police cars, an ambulance, a fire truck and 2 news channels out in front of our house. It made the first story on the news that morning on both channels and our house was even on one of the channels' news story! We were lucky again that he missed my car which was parked in the front yard, our house and that the mailbox that flew into our yard missed both my car and our house. The only damage was that the car was totalled, the neighbors mail box was blown apart, our yard was pretty torn up and the pine tree had all of its bottom front branches torn off.

This accident, only gave us more reason to someday move off of a busy road. Our first house is on a 50mph road and this one is on a 35mph road. But, our road goes from 50mph to 35 in front of our house, then to 45mph all in about a 1-2 mile stretch. We really never thought we would see this happen twice in our front yards and we really hope we will not see it a third time!

I had my diabetes blood test a week ago and all is good! The levels were all normal, so I will just get tested every 1-2 years to make sure it stays that way.

We recently got a Wii and Wii fit for Christmas. Matt found a great deal on Black Friday. This is basically the only present for Matt and I, but that's ok because we really enjoy it. If any of our friends have a Wii, we would love to have our Mii's visit you and we would love for yours to visit ours. It really does make it more fun to see our friends on our Wii games. So email us and let us know if you'd like to share. You can reach me at the email on the right or if you know my other email address.

Also, if you have a blog and I don't have you on our list (which is really short), I would love to add you. I love reading blogs, even of people I don't know. It is just fun to see what others have to say about stuff and what kinds of things they post. Again, you can just email me your blog address and I'll add it here :)

I had some fun making this little Elf card, so I hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas from all of us!! If the video doesn't work, here is the address for it... http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/krJohEt3h0qXYHmEthtL

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

1 comment:

Reggae Joe said...

Becky's blog is at eckybay.multiply.com. :)