Tuesday, May 13, 2008

17 Weeks!

Well, we had some more good news today. Things are still going well. We heard the baby's heartbeat, which was off course very comforting for both Matt and I. We have agreed that this baby is definitely not like Ethan was when he was in the womb. Ethan would swim away so that we could not hear the heartbeat and if the nurse would get his heartbeat, he would very quickly kick right where they were listening so they could not get enough of it. This baby has let us hear its heartbeat every time we have gone in or had it checked at the hospital when I was there for the surgery. We are hoping that leads into a very different outcome this time :) Maybe this one will want to stay inside of me.

I had some things that I was worried about over the weekend, but he said that it was probably just stretching since I grew in the past two weeks. He said that the growth was good. I noticed the other day that I had popped out quite a bit. It is weird for me to see a belly already, when with Ethan I only started to show a couple of weeks before he was born. It is fun to watch it grow, since I really did not get to see that with Ethan.

I go back to see the doctor on May 28. He has me on a every two weeks schedule right now. I think it will stay that way as long as things go well. I should have my 20 week ultrasound in the first or second week of June and we will hopefully find out what the baby is :)

I will not be going back to work. It would be too much of a risk at this point. I've gone this far and I have been able to get another 3 weeks in, so since it is working we will keep up with it. I started progesterone last week, so he said that will be helpful to have to keep the uterus calm. I take it daily and will for the duration of the pregnancy.

The doctor said that the smallest goal to make is another 14 weeks and since I am 17 weeks today, I would be about 31 weeks. Then we will probably go week by week after that. The ultimate goal would be 36 weeks, because anytime after that would be safe enough. Right now, another 3 weeks will get me to the halfway point, so that is my next goal.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support it is being felt every day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lina,

Its April (from Hiawatha tutoring). I just want to say how moving your blog posts are. It just amazes me how much courage you have and I think it is so wonderful that your husband is taking great care of you. I think about you a lot. I know that I have not been down the road you have, but knew that being pregnant with the twins that I could have been on that road. I wish you the best with this pregnancy, and I hope that you make it to 36wks! Everyday he/she is in there is another milestone! Take care!

April Doran