Thursday, May 01, 2008

Good News Today!

Well, we had some good news at the appointment today. The prayers all of you have been saying were with us at the doctor's office. He asked some questions, checked my belly, and listened to the heartbeat and said that all of it sounded good. He did not do a physical check because he did not want to agitate anything, which is fine with me. Things have been stable so far, so we want to keep it that way. I will go onto the progesterone starting next week, once I hit 16 weeks. That will help keep the uterus calm, which will keep me from dilating. I will stay on bedrest until the next appointment and at that time we will make a decision about whether or not I can go back to work.

He basically said that if things continue to go as well as they have, I may be able to go to work and finish the year. Matt and I are ok either way. We figured that if I'm off the rest of the time, that will be fine, but if I can go back and close out my room and say goodbye to the kids, that would be nice too. I know not to push anything, so I'll practice a little with standing and walking on the weekend and Monday before my appointment to see how it goes, so that I can tell him what happened. I know my body pretty well and I know when it is ok to push along and when it is not. We will work with whatever is decided, but at this point it looks pretty good, which really eases both of us.

He also said that the surgeon that performed the cerclage placement is the best and he also said that none of the women that have had that surgeon's cerclage have dilated with it in. That really gave me hope that if I take things easy and I don't push myself, I may make it the whole way. Whether or not I go back to work for the last couple of weeks does not affect the bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. My problem will really settle in the first weeks of June, after my 20th week, which is about the time that the babies get too heavy for people with my particular issue. So, I will still have bedrest until I deliver. But, it will be nice if full bedrest does not have to start until then. Matt and I figured that I really don't have much time at school, so it would be easier. It would only be about 1 1/2 weeks until the kids go to camp (no I'm not going) and then it is the end of year activites and I'm out. So it really would not be too bad. I go back to the doctor May 13 and I'll let you know more then, providing nothing else comes up in the next 12 days. I will try to give another update on how things are going by the end of next week. But, I'll know more specifics after the appointment.

Thanks again for all of you prayers.

No comments: