Thursday, November 13, 2008

One Month Old Already!!

Micah turned a month old today! I can't believe it has already been a month. It seems like the months took forever while I was pregnant and now a month has just flown by! Micah is growing like a weed, he hasn't gained any length, but as of Monday he is 10lbs 2oz. It took some time, but we got his weight up and he is now gaining at a good pace. He is a pretty good baby, but you better move fast when he is hungry! He is already up to 4 oz in a feeding, so he usually get 50% breastmilk and 50% formula. Ethan is enjoying his new little brother, although he has said that it is annoying that everyone asks "is that your brother? and do you like your brother?" I can see that getting old for him :) Ethan has learned very quickly how nicely the "pacingfier" works. He wants to give it to Micah whenever he starts into a fit when he is hungry! Ethan even gets frustrated when he can't get it into Micah's mouth fast enough :) But, Ethan has been great with him and loves to kiss and hug him and even comfort him. He especially loves rubbing Micah's head, it is really cute and he loves giving him a toy to look at.

We had a conference with Ethan's teacher and therapy team at school last week. All is well and Ethan even has a lot of his kindergarten readiness skills going. He still has a few things that need extra work, but he is moving forward in everything and has consistently improved since last year, which is all that matters. Matt and I both felt really good about how Ethan has progressed and we are so proud of how hard he works. We figured out that Ethan is absorbing everything and even doing some of the things at home, but he is not necessarily ready to show he can do it at school. His teacher was happy to hear that he does some of the stuff at home, because she knows it will come to him at school soon enough. Ethan has also been getting tested at his private speech therapy and he is doing really well! She said he doesn't have much more to go before she can release him, so that was also really good news. So between private speech and his speech and occupational therapy at school, Ethan has made some great strides!

I am continuing to heal and I have been able to do more and more each day. I still feel like my legs are made of cement whenever I walk up the stairs, but everything else is getting better. I'm hoping to start a small workout in the next few days to help continue to build strength in my legs. I have a hard time standing for long periods of time, but I am able to sit up for longer periods of time without feeling a lot of back pain. I know the standing will also get better, but since I've been doing that for less time than sitting, it will still take awhile. I'm hoping that sometime in December I will start to feel a little more normal. I go back to the doctor the week of Thanksgiving, so we'll see if he suggests anything else to help me get my strength back from the bedrest.

Here are some more pictures of our little men!!

Micah's first water bath!!


He can be very serious!

I think this is just funny!!


Look at how he posed for the picture :)

No comments: