Saturday, June 28, 2008

Funder and Lightening

We have had a lot of "funder" and lightening lately in our house and that doesn't just include storms. We've had a pretty crazy week with a lot going on. The real rain storms we have had have been somewhat annoying because they just creep up on us and last for a few minutes and then are gone. It has been hard for Ethan when he can't play outside as much as he would like.

Last night we all woke up with the thunder and lightening that was going on in the middle of the night. Before I knew it, both Matt and Ethan were downstairs and I could hear Ethan call me. Matt was trying to turn off the motion light outside that was going nuts with all of the wind and of course Ethan did not want to be left alone upstairs. He ended up crawling into my bed until the storm passed. He discussed how everyone must be scared about the funder. This morning, he came down to my room around 7 and told me that Doggy (his stuffed dalmation) was scared of the funder last night. I think it is cute that he feels better about being scared if he knows others are scared also.

Yesterday we got the news that I had a bladder infection. Not the greatest news, but manageable. It has made things pretty uncomfortable lately. We found out a couple of hours before we needed to go to my grandmothers visitation at the funeral home. My grandmother passed away on Monday, and I didn't feel like I could miss the visitation and funeral. We went to the visitation for a little bit last night and attended only the service today.

Being out really showed me how important this bedrest is, but at the same time it showed me how much weaker I am getting physically. After having to go to the lab yesterday morning and then having the visitation in the evening, I was completely exhausted. I was still feeling some of the effects today, but we still went to the service anyway. I'm feeling ok now. I have been laying down all afternoon and I haven't really even sat up much at all. The antibiotics are kicking in which is making things a little better. I'm just going to take it really easy over the next several days, I know that's hard for me to do, since I do it every day, but I will be extra cautious.

While, it has been a rough couple of days, we have had some good news in all of this. Last night Matt was able to feel the baby kicking and he has been a little rascal ever since. He has been kicking like crazy. This morning, I took a nap with my hips raised to help relieve some of the pressure from sitting yesterday and he did not like that. He kicked me all over, almost like he was saying "mom, I'm sleeping, what are you doing to me". But, he moved up and I felt less pressure when I got up. So, we know he has a lot of spunk, very much like his big brother :) We are so curious to know what his personality is going to be like. Of course, we are willing to wait a few more months to find out :)

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: