Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

As I think about Father's Day coming up, I think of two fathers in my life. The first father I think of is my own father. My dad is the kind of dad that would do anything for his daughters. He has five, so that is a lot to ask of him, but he does it. I think back to many times where all we ever had to do was ask and my dad was there for us. Whether it had to do with our houses, cars, yards, school work, or even our children, he is here for us. And my mom puts up with him doing all of these things for us, because she does the same thing, just in her own way. Recently my dad has really helped with taking Ethan back and forth to his house so that my mom can watch him for me. He also brings him back to me when he can so that Matt doesn't have to drive across town.

I know it gets frustrating for both of my parents having to pick up on the things with Ethan that I am unable to do, but I appreciate it a lot. But, as I said in an earlier post, parents do what they have to to make their kids happy. That's what my parents do.

The second father I think of is the father of my children. My wonderful husband Matt. I have said in a previous post all of the things he is sacrificing in order to help bring this baby into the world safely and he has continued to do that. He truly amazes me with all of the things that he has been doing for all of us. I know it has been incredibly hard on him, but I also know that he would not do anything to harm this baby, by making me pick up the slack.

Matt is also so great with Ethan, he does such a great job with him. Sometimes, all I can hear from upstairs is what sounds like thunder, because they are usually chasing each other, wrestling, playing hide-and-seek, etc. It cracks me up to hear them play. Today, they are spending the day together at the zoo. Matt is not in any way a back seat dad, he is right there doing as much as I am, if not more sometimes. I love that about him. I always hear about how some dads don't really help with taking care of their children, whether it is on tv, in the movies, or even people we know, but that is not Matt.

Ethan loves his dad so much. It was so funny because the other day, Ethan was Matt's shadow, he followed him around everywhere and was literally 2 steps, sometimes one, behind him at all times. He is always concerned about where Matt is and what he is doing. I know this has come from the fact that Ethan knows he can trust his dad to always be there for him. I know that Matt will continue to be a great dad to our second son, he already has been.

I could not ask for a better father for my children, I also couldn't ask for a better dad for me.

The picture is from the Mud Hens game that Matt and Ethan went to Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:

Reggae Joe said...

That's a GREAT picture of them...and all the more so since Ethan looks more and more like Matt all the time... :)