Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's a....

Well, you'll have to keep reading to find out!!!! The appointment went very well today! We were very excited to go because of the ultrasound. I had a lot of questions during the ultrasound, just to make sure things were going well. The first time I went into labor with Ethan was about a week and a half from now, so I had a lot of questions about that. We decided to take Ethan, which was interesting because he refused to take a nap today, but he still had fun looking at what was happening.

She went through all of the normal measurements and such and had asked us if we wanted to know what it was and we both said yes! After awhile, I saw a picture between the legs that made me think it was a boy. Then she finally zoomed in to let us see, and even though most of you thought we were having a girl, she told us it's a boy!!! We were both pretty happy about it, we would have either way, but we were happy that Ethan will have a little brother to play with.

They did not do a 3D ultrasound, but we did get a couple of good pictures of his face. The one below is straight on of his face. His face is right in the middle and you can see his body below that.

We also got a pretty good semi-profile picture.



After all of the measurements, the baby was actually measuring 22 weeks and 2 days. I am only 21 weeks and 1 day, so that actually puts the baby a little bigger, which right now is normal, but good. We know exactly when I got pregnant because I wanted to be precise on dates for my bedrest to fall mostly in the summer, of course that didn't matter anyway, but we know I'm still actually 21 weeks. So we'll see how the baby continues to grow, but as of now they said he looks great and looks healthy and that is all we care about. We just want a healthy baby.

My placenta is on top again, it was with Ethan also. But, the technician said that it is not near the cervix, it is actually up high, which is really good. That takes away another risk for this pregnancy, at least for now and hopefully the rest of the pregnancy. The doctor told us that he wants me to get at least another 7 weeks in and I told him I want to at least get 10 weeks and he said that would be wonderful! I got the idea that he really doesn't think I'll go full-term, but he wants me to prove him wrong, which I am ready to do. I've done this for 7 weeks, I can do another 7 or more!

All in all we had another great appointment and we couldn't be happier. We are very excited to add another boy to our family, that makes 8 boys and 3 girls for my parents! I guess it will just have to be me, the dog and our cats as the only females in the house! Now, I understand how my dad feels having only the dogs as the other males in a house of 6 females. And Matt has taken after his dad in producing only boys! His dad had 5 boys, while my dad had 5 girls!

As for a name, no, we don't have one. We have a list going and now that we know it is a boy, we will work to come up with some combinations that we like. But, you will have to wait until the baby is born to know his name, even if we would decide beforehand. We would actually like to have a couple of names ready and then name him when we see him, but we'll see.

We'll keep you updated, especially as the next week or so progresses and we get closer to 22 1/2 weeks.

2 comments:

Reggae Joe said...

Great, great news to hear about your new son...and that the pregnancy seems to be going well. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

If you ever had a 3rd, I am sure it will be a boy too, the Young name will live on and grow to vast amounts of lil Youngs! lol . Well after Ethans grandpas 5 boys and your @ 2 it seems that way .