Monday, January 05, 2009

A Little Dose of Reality...

My baby will be going to Kindergarten later this year!!! I can't even believe it. Today, Ethan brought home his weekly preschool newsletter and I had a dose of reality. The newsletters give information about all of the things they will be doing during the week in all areas. It also gives important dates and events coming up in the weeks ahead. That's where I saw it...on Jan 30, there will be a meeting for all students entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2009!!

It really made me stop and realize that Ethan turns 5 this summer and is one of those students starting Kindergarten this year! I am so amazed that he is going to be a full-time elementary school student in 9 months! This is crazy, but exciting all at the same time. Sometimes, I wish he and Micah would just stay the ages they are, but I also look forward to watching them become men.

Saturday, Matt and I decided to go out to lunch with the kids. We had some gift cards for Friday's, so we thought we would use them. When we sat down, we were seated right next to another family of four. They also had 2 boys, who were maybe 11 and 13. It made me think about the fact someday, that will be us sitting at the table with our preteen boys :)

Reality sunk in that our little boys won't stay little forever and the notice about that meeting really sealed it in my mind! I'm still in shock, but I am so proud of Ethan and all that he has accomplished in the last 4 1/2 years! I know that Micah will make me as proud, he's already started with the little things he has accomplished!

No comments: