Wednesday, July 23, 2008

GD Test Update

I know I felt all of your prayers and support today. Thank you for that. The test went well and I stayed pretty comfortable and strong the entire time. The first finger poke they did this morning had a good number, so I was really happy about that. I don't know how the actual blood draw results were, but I should know in the next couple of days. My veins barely held up, but they did. My left arm has awful veins, so they only drew from there once. My right arm has a nice bruise because I was poked 3 times there and the last two took quite some time to even get any blood. That was probably the worst part, I was worried they would not get any blood and would have to poke elsewhere, but eventually I put out enough for the test. I have heard about the drinks being awful and people nearly passing out during the test, but the drinks basically tasted like pop. The one hour tasted like orange pop and today it tasted like a flat pepsi, which I actually downed better than the first one. I never once felt dizzy or nauseous, so I am taking that as a good sign and why I also feel like I felt the prayers today.

It was tough to be up for almost 5 hours from beginning to end, but I took a nice nap this afternoon. I also had my sister order me Carside to Go at Applebees for my lunch, which was soooooo worth it :) I have been craving their hamburgers over the last few days. It was such a great lunch! I am thankful that Taia called it in and that my dad was willing to drive me there to pick it up after my test.

I'll let you all know what the results are as soon as I get them.

No comments: