Monday, July 28, 2008

I have Gestational Diabetes

Yes, it is true, on Friday, I found out the results of my test and it showed that I do have gestational diabetes. I did not really feel in the mood to post it because I wanted to continue to celebrate Ethan's birthday this weekend. It was pretty hard to find out that this has been added to our plate, but we are hopeful that this will not be a major issue for us. They told me my numbers were low, I don't know what they were, because in that moment I was too upset to even think to ask. Since I have low numbers, it sounds like I may only have to make some adjustments to my diet. I've been reading a few things online and I am feeling better about it. Some people have also emailed me about their experiences, which have also helped a lot.

It has been a lot to take, but I am feeling better about all of it. I will talk to the dietician today to find out what my next step is. Lets just say, I had a great food weekend :) I enjoyed myself just in case I will not be able to eat some of my favorite stuff. Hopefully, I won't have to do too much different then what I am already doing :)

I will say that it is best that I did not write this on Friday or even Saturday, it would have been a lot more depressing :) But, the news has been digested and I am thinking more clearly. I know we can do this and I'm only looking at another 8-12 weeks. My goal is 8 weeks at this point. I get my cerclage removed at 36 weeks and we are hoping to have the baby sometime within that next week or so.

I'll try and post some birthday pictures of Ethan later today. He's a pretty lucky kid because he was able to celebrate all weekend. We had a birthday party with my family last weekend and then Matt, Ethan and I celebrated Friday on his actual birthday. Saturday, Matt and Ethan went shopping for a couple of birthday presents and they went to see a Reggae concert that night. Our friend Joe is in a local Reggae band, so they went and enjoyed the music, I even got to hear one of my favorite songs via cell phone :) Sunday, we had Matt's family over to celebrate Ethan's birthday. So, he had a great weekend :)

No comments: