Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Third Trimester!!!!

Well, we finally made it! I am officially in the 3rd Trimester. This is such a huge thing in the life of the baby! 3rd Trimester gives so much more hope in terms of the health of the baby if he were to be born early. I still plan to make it as far as possible, but I have taken a slight sigh of relief because I know that we are in the next safety zone. As each week passes, things are that much safer.

It really hit me the other day that we are looking at about 8-12 weeks, probably closer to the lower end of it. I can't believe we will see this little man in about 2 months. It seems like the next few weeks are nothing, being that I have already been here resting for 14 weeks. I feel like it is just going to fly by :)

I go back to the doctor next Tuesday and then after that I will move to weekly appointments. My doctor said he just wants to see me every week during 3rd trimester to keep a better eye on any changes. I feel really good about the fact that so far, I have not really had any contractions and that I have had no other signs of preterm labor. I know that it could change any day now, especially as the baby gains weight and puts the pressure on me, but I feel safer knowing that I will be checked every week.

I go in next Thursday to go to the diabetes education class and to meet with the dietician. It kind of frustrates me that it will be another week before I know what I can and can't do. But, I am planning to take a look at some sample menus in the meantime to help me get started.

Overall, I am so very excited that I am in the third trimester! Of course, the side effects that come with getting bigger are oh, so much fun!! I can tell he is pressing up against my stomach because I have plenty of heartburn. Getting up has been really fun lately. My leg and arm muscles are slowly turning into mush, so trying to get up from laying position has been interesting :) I am loving getting big and pregnant, but I think it would be just a little easier if I had some muscle left. It will certainly be interesting to see how I do over the next several weeks :)

Another positive of being in the 3rd trimester is that I really love feeling the baby moving inside of me. I only had a few short weeks of that with Ethan, so it has been extra special this time. I love every little kick, move and wiggle. Now, if only the little stinker would kick so that other people could feel him. Everytime I try to have someone feel, including his daddy, he immediately stops kicking. When their hand goes away he kicks! He reminds me so much of Ethan sometimes :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

Jacob has been evasive for others, too, especially the doppler at the doctor's office. Last time he just kept kicking it and it took 3 tries to get an actual heartbeat on him.

That's so great that you've made it this far and all is relatively well. Wahoo!!