Friday, August 29, 2008

32 Week Appointment

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and it went well. We started with an ultrasound, then had another NST and then we saw the doctor.

I'll start with the U/S...It went well, we really had a great time seeing him, especially now that he is getting bigger, and boy is he getting bigger. It looks like he is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead right now and is weighing about 5.25 lbs. It is just an estimate, but it gives us some idea. We are not sure if the weight gain is normal for him or caused by the gestational diabetes. Hopefully, as I get better control of my sugars, which may include medicine, he will gain a normal amount of weight. He has a big head like his brother and he also has quite a bit of hair already. We could actually see it swaying in the water :) He opened his mouth for us and he even stuck up his middle finger for us. We couldn't believe he did it, but we have pictures to prove it! He is adorable of course!

The NST...It took some time to get him moving, but we finally got him going and he did what he was supposed to do, which was good. I didn't have any contractions during the test. Overall it went well.

The doctor...I asked the doctor about a few symptoms that I had over the past two days and he said that they were normal and the best part was that he said they were even normal for someone without a cerclage. I told Matt that I didn't want to hear that it was just normal, I wanted something more and when he said that it was normal even if I didn't have a cerclage, it made me happy! We also talked briefly about the cerclage removal. It will happen at the hospital and he said that they won't induce me right away, but will watch and see what happens and then go from there. I have a feeling it will depend on how big they think the baby is on how long they wait to induce me. I really don't think they'll let me go all the way to the end if he is getting too big. He even said he doesn't want to do a c-section unless he really has to and that made me happy, as I want to try to deliver the baby normally, since this will be our last baby. He is on call on Sept. 25, which is my 36th week, so I am thinking that may be the day of the cerclage removal. But, we'll know for sure in the next week or two.

I'll also know today if they are going to put me on medication for my gest. diabetes. I have had one number a day that has been high, which has been my lunch number, so they may put me on a pill to help with that. The doctor said that he is not too concerned because my fasting and morning numbers are really low. I will also go off of progesterone during the 35th week.

We are really excited and happy about all of the good news and hope that I can hold out until the end of Sept. I feel pretty confident that I may be able to. We go back to the doctor on Tuesday, I know it is quick, my appointment was changed from Monday to Thursday this week, so we have a shorter time between appointments. But, that is fine with me! Ethan and Matt are at Cedarpoint today because my appointment went well. Let's just pray that all continues to go well while Matt is out of town today :)

Here are the ultrasound pictures...
Look at those chubby cheeks!!!

The top picture in this set is where he decided to stick up his middle finger!

The bottom one shows his big round belly!

I also had to share this cute video montage of Ethan dancing the other night! Just click on the words!

View this montage created at One True Media
My Montage 8/29/08

1 comment:

Reggae Joe said...

Cool--congrats on the good news and progress with the new munchkin. I'm glad things seem to be holding up for you guys. :)

And that's a great video of Ethan getting down. I expect to see him do that at the next Groovemaster show--especially if I bring Cinnaspins for him.