Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Numbers Seem to be Good

I started my new diet on Thursday night, after Matt went shopping for me. So, I did not really count my blood sugar level tests until the one after dinner on Thursday. At this point, I have only had one high number and now I think I should have retested, just to be sure. I had one high one yesterday and when I retested a few seconds later it was not high and more true to what I had been doing. Even the one I did record that was high was only slightly above the range, so I don't think it was too bad.

The diet has gone pretty well so far. I think there are two things that I have found to be a little difficult with it. First, I am finding the dinners hard, breakfast and lunch are a breeze for me, but the dinner is where I normally eat a yummy, tasty meal. So far, it has been hard to get used to making the dinner fit in with the diet and make it yummy. Second, Matt, Ethan and I have not shared a dinner since I started the diet. We haven't even eaten at the same time. With this diet I have to try and stick as close to the time schedule as possible. Matt and Ethan have not been on the same schedule as me due to various reasons. It doesn't even matter if we were not eating the same thing, but it would be nice to at least eat at the same time. I guess it will take some getting used to.

One benefit that I have noticed is that I am finding a taste for a few new things and maybe it is rubbing off on Matt and Ethan. Tonight all Ethan wanted for dinner was salad with dressing and grapes. He even had almost 2 servings of salad. Even Matt had some veggies and salad added to his dinner tonight. Hopefully, at some point we will start to make a meal that we can all eat, rather than 3 different meals, which is what is happening right now.

One fun part is when I find something that I'm allowed to eat for a snack that actually tastes yummy! Like, vanilla wafers, graham crackers or even cheese. Poor Matt is going to have to go to the grocery store a lot more, at least until I get this whole thing figured out.

The goal here is to get a healthy baby out of this and hopefully, a better diet for all of us :)

No comments: