Friday, August 15, 2008

50 Questions - If you're interested!

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought that I would fill it out. I don't have any other news to report, so here goes....

1) Do you like blue cheese? Cheese, Yes! Blue Cheese, No!

2) Have you ever smoked heroin? No, never done a drug or smoked anything.

3) Do you own guns? No, I don't even think we have any toy guns, unless there are some in Matt's boxes filled with his old toys in the garage.

4) What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I've never been to a Sonic. You can add flavors to the drinks?? Where are Sonics at?

5) Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depending on the appointment and reasoning. I tend to get more nervous at appointments for Ethan, especially if we think there will be bad news.

6) What do you think of hot dogs? I like them and actually had a couple yesterday. I love them cut up in Mac & Cheese!

7) Favorite Christmas song? Wow, that's tough...I love so many of them. O Holy Night, comes to mind. I love trying to sing Silent Night in German, well at least the first verse :)

8) What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Juice, but right now I'm stuck with the tiny amount of milk I'm allowed in my cereal bowl and water.

9) Can you do push ups? Maybe a push up, although I haven't tried in years. I really don't think my muscles could even think of it right now!

10) Can you do a chin up? Wow, memories of my name being on the wall under zero in high school just came flooding back. Why did they make us do that and then post it on a wall??? I hated Phys. Ed. and I still do. I do not like bringing my students back from it, because 6th graders have a funky smell after P.E.

11) What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My favorites are my wedding and engagement rings and the earrings that Ethan and Matt got me. But, I love all of my jewelry, I have a lot of interesting pieces.

12) Favorite hobby? Currently, the internet, especially anything having to do with my pregnancy. I also love making blankets and bibs and right now some Christmas decorations for my church. I also like to read when I can actually do it, which I have finally had some time for lately.

13) Ever been in a car wreck? Yes, I can count 5. One when I was about 14, we were in PA on our way to NY when we got into a 6 car accident. We were only hit from behind, but were inches from going over a bridge. I remember it like it was yesterday. When I was about 17, Matt and I were hit by a drunk driver head-on on a snowy night, Matt's car was totaled and I have had some long-term effects from it. I hate driving in the snow and get really freaked out. I am also scared to drive at night because the last thing I saw in that accident were the headlights. So, to this day headlights really scare me. The other 3 were all when I was driving and in each situation I was bumped from behind by morons! Two were in the rain and the person behind me couldn't stop and one was in a drive-thru line. No major problems with any of those and luckily no major injuries to my cars.

14) Do you have A.D.D.? Sometimes I wonder, because I can never just do one thing. I have to have a t.v. on when I do just about anything.

15) What's one trait that you hate about yourself? My weight. I hope I will finally get it under control after the baby comes.

16) Middle name? Tamarika - My dad made it up based on my 3 older sisters names, Taia, Mary, and Erika. Believe it or not, it was almost my first name!

17) Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I can't believe I'm filling this out. These questions are really making me think about a lot of stuff. I can't believe that I've watched nearly the first 3 seasons of Grey's Anatomy in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday. I don't really do that anymore, but I can name some things Matt bought yesterday. A Mud Hens Hat and T-shirt for Ethan and lots of stadium food!

19) Name 3 drinks you drink regularly? Currently Water. Normally, water, juice and pop.

20) Current worry? Will this pregnancy go full-term and will this baby come home with me? Will the baby be healthy?

21) Current hate right now? The fact that I can't go anywhere with Ethan. It is heartbreaking when he asks if mommy can go and then he has to answer his own question with "after the baby is born" once he sees my face starting to say no. This is the hardest thing besides the health of the baby to deal with right now!

22) Favorite book? I love Jude DeVeraux books, she has a way of writing that just drags you into the story. She does a lot of time jumping books, which I love.

23) How did you bring in the New Year? With my family at my oldest sister's house. We have done this every year since she got married and I was about 11 or 12. Matt and I always stay the night there and end up spending the next day watching movies with my sister's family. There was only one year we didn't do this and that was the year my entire family had the flu. For a few years we did the same thing but at my other sister's house.

24) Where would you like to go? Right now, anywhere but my house!! I really want to go to a hotel for one night, just to do something different! Plus, it is something Ethan really wants to do. I figure I can lay in a bed there just as much as I can here and we have some really great hotels within a few miles of our house :) We'll see!

25) Name three people who will complete this. I really don't know.

26) Do you own slippers? Yes, I grew up in a house where everyone wore slippers and my feet feel really dirty if I don't wear slippers. I love slippers. During the summer I wear a pair of sandals from Italy as my slippers.

27) What shirt are you wearing? A red maternity t-shirt. I don't think it has any stains, which is rare since I have to eat mostly lying down, so I have a lot of clothes that don't get worn outside of this house and only a couple that do :)

28) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don't think I have. I love flannel sheets though.

29) Can you whistle? Yes

30) Ringer on your phone? One that came with the phone.

31) Would you be a pirate? No

32) What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually whatever is on my radio or CD, if I know it.

33) Favorite girl's name? Don't know.

34) Favorite boy's name? Don't know.

35) What's in your pocket? Maternity pants don't have pockets.

36) Last thing that made you laugh. Probably Matt or Ethan, they both have a great sense of humor.

37) Best bed sheets as a child. I remember I had sheets that were very 70's/80's style. They had stripes of yellow, orange and brown flowers. You know the flower power type of flower!

38) Worst injury you've ever had. As a kid, when I got bit by one of our rabbits, I still have the scar. As an adult, when my dog dragged me across someones yard and I hurt my shoulder. It was when Ethan was in the hospital and I couldn't pick him up by myself and I had a really hard time driving and doing anything with that arm.

39) Do you love where you live? I love the part of town we live in. We have just about anything within 5 miles of our house. I also really like our house right now. Although, someday we would like to be in a neighborhood.

40) How many TVs do you have in your house? 4 that work and one that doesn't. In our garage we have 3, 1 that works and 2 that don't. Out of all of our tv, I think we have only bought one brand new one and one from a garage sale. The rest have all been given to us second-hand and one as a gift.

41) Who is your loudest friend? I've never really payed attention to that. Most are probably louder than me :)

42) How many dogs do you have? 1, Maggie

43) Do you like sushi? No, I hate fish.

44) Best friend in grade school? I had a lot, but my longest 3 were, Erica, Colleen and Kelly.

45) What is your favorite song. Hmmm....I have too many to name.

46) Favorite candy? Anything chocolate, especially with hazelnut, almonds or walnuts.

47) Favorite Sports Team? Do Matt's favorites count?? I guess I would say Ohio State and Mud Hens for me, but Matt also likes the Browns, the Pistons, and the Tigers. So, when we watch any of those games, those are the ones I root for.

48) What song do you want played at your funeral? Amazing Grace

49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? Working on falling asleep.

50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Did Ethan pee yet? and Why is he up already?

No comments: