Friday, August 22, 2008

Ethan's Done It!!

He has finally finished potty training! We have had no accidents for the last couple of weeks! This has been such an exciting thing for Matt and I to finally have him done with potty training. It took us about a year to get it down and we finally did it! As with everything else he has done it just took one day for Ethan to decide to do it. He now even asks to go, which has been wonderful. We wanted it done by the end of the summer for two reasons: 1) We wanted him to start school fully trained this year and 2) We wanted him to be fully trained for at least a month before the baby comes, so that he would be less likely to revert. He does a great job with it now and he gets so excited everytime he goes!! We are constantly telling him how proud of him we are.

I'm so amazed at how much he has really grown up this summer. The baby part of him is disappearing more and more and it is hard for mommy, but I am so proud of how far he has come. Matt told me yesterday that Ethan has stopped needing his "chewy blankie" at night. It is a tiny little blanket that he has used to suck on before he falls asleep. I'm just amazed how quickly it can all happen. I'm happy he is becoming more and more independent, but I miss my little baby Ethan! I do think it is good that this is all happening now, so that he may feel a little better about us bringing home a new baby. This only confirms the age gap more for us! I wasn't sure about having such a gap, but now I'm really happy that there is one, because now he is better at understanding what is happening and what a big boy does!

So, Ethan is officially a big boy in so many different capacities and just in time for him to be a big brother!

No comments: