Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Week 29 Appt. Update

Today's appointment went well! I am now 29 weeks and doing pretty well. I had some lower back pain over the weekend and the doctor told me that the next time I have it where it is consistent to go ahead and get checked by either him or L&D. We also talked about what to look for in contractions. It made me feel pretty good to have a better handle on some of my symptoms and when to be scared and when it is normal. It is so hard going through all of this the first time and being high-risk and knowing what is normal and what is not. I know it is hard enough during a normal pregnancy, but with this I am literally worried about every little ache and pain. I think the closer I get to the end the more anxious I am to get there :)

I will start weekly appointments now and before each one, I will have a non-stress test. He said that is normal for someone that is high-risk and for gestational diabetes. I will go to the nutritionist, finally, on Thursday. I am really wanting to just get this diet started, so that I know I am doing the right thing for the baby.

The baby has been kicking like crazy lately, which has made me so happy. It is so great to feel him moving around so much :) It really eases my mind when I am feeling a little stressed about the other symptoms. Every day that I get at this point is one more day of growth and that makes me happy. I'm really working on a daily basis and then as a week goes by I'm even happier :)

The next big goal the doctor wants me to get to is 32 weeks. He said that is another big milestone in the health of the baby. That is only 3 more weeks and I know I can hold out for that :) The goal after that is 36 weeks, where I will get my cerclage out. After that, it doesn't matter when I deliver. Hopefully, I could go to 37 weeks and be officially full-term, but I'm not sure I will hold out that long, I guess we'll see :)

Thanks again for all of your support through all of this. We will bring home a healthy baby in just a few weeks :)

No comments: