Monday, October 06, 2008

38 Week Appointment!

Well, I never thought I would make it to this appointment and I did. Things are still holding steady at 1 cm. I really have not had any contractions to help me dilate any more than that. The doctor is also still thinking that he may have left too much of the stitch in, be we are still not sure since I haven't had any contractions. If I was contracting and there was still no change, it would tell us a little more. But, as it stands we don't know what is going on other than this little guy not being ready yet.

I have gotten to the point now, after feeling a little nervous last week, that all I want is a healthy, strong baby, not matter how he comes to us. As much as I would like to avoid a c-section, we both know that it is a huge possibility and it is now ok in my mind :) If I don't go into labor on my own this week, I will go back to the doctor next week and get an ultrasound to check his growth. If he does not look too big, we will go ahead and schedule an induction. If he looks to big, we will schedule a c-section. Either way, it will happen sometime next week, whenever my doc is on call. I'm going to call tomorrow to see which day he is one call, so that we can have a plan for Matt and work in place. And it will also help us to plan for Ethan to be taken care of.

I figure, the baby must need the extra time for a reason, so we'll let him have it. I'm incredibly sore, but I will keep doing what I've been doing to get myself to next week, if I need to. We went to the mall for a little tonight to walk and I am completely exhausted. It still amazes me how much work it takes for me to walk around. I don't necessarily feel a lot of it when I'm doing the walking, it all comes after I sit down for the first time. I have a difficult time getting up afterwards, so right now I'm relaxing on the couch and trying not to feel to sore :)

We'll keep you updated on how things progress over the next couple of days, if there is anything to update :)

On the right hand side of the blog, you'll notice a banner for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and Day. I decided to put it there, because I personally know several women that have had a miscarriage, 3 being in the past year and I also personally know several women that have lost an infant, many I have met through the March of Dimes March for Babies committee, the others I have met online. I also know that it could have been us twice. We could have lost Ethan and we could have lost this baby. We are so thankful that we didn't, but I feel it is important to make people aware that this is happening everyday, many of the reasons are unknown. For more information, please click on the banner that takes you to the site for Oct. 15, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.

Here is a video of my belly with the little monkey inside moving around. Most of the movement is him, very little is of my breathing movements. About halfway through there is a big kick to the left. Most of it is of him just rolling around, which is pretty much what he does now. Sorry if it is a little long. I was trying to get a kick or two :)

No comments: