Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting Induced Monday!!

I had my ultrasound today to check on the size of the baby and he is a whopping 8lbs 4oz, give or take 1/2 a pound! The tech actually said, wow you are all baby and I said yes I am! My belly is solid with baby everywhere I touch! Everything still looks good with the baby, she even said his head size was good for his gestation, which made me happy! We got to see him opening up his mouth searching for his thumb, and then we saw his thumb go in and he started to suck on it! We also saw him holding his own foot, which was really cool to see too :) It is so amazing that we have technology that allows us a glimpse of life in the womb.

We saw the doctor right after and he was still surprised to see me there still pregnant. He too, didn't think we would get this far, so we are all pretty happy we've made it this far. He checked me and I am still just about 1cm dilated, so no major change there. He checked to see if he could feel any part of the cerclage and he couldn't, so he was a little more hopeful this time that maybe he did get it all, which was great news to me. So, since the baby was not over 9lbs and he could not feel the cerclage, we will induce on Monday, providing nothing happens this weekend!! We are not sure what time, but they will call us very early in the morning to give us the time we need to be there. We still can't believe it is the 4 year anniversary of Ethan's homecoming from the hospital! It was meant to be.

If the induction doesn't work, for whatever reason, we will proceed with a c-section. I'm happy to be able to at least try to deliver without a c-section. Hopefully, it will work and we won't have to go the surgery route, but we are at least prepared if that is what we need to do. We are very excited to know that we are only a couple of days away! I'm still letting it all sink in that we are finally at the point that we will see this little guy. It has been such a good day and I am so happy!

Thanks again for all of your continued prayers and support. We'll keep you updated if anything changes this weekend, otherwise the next message will be our announcement!

No comments: