Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Sickness is Spreading...Not a Good Time for This!

Ethan is slowly getting better with all of his medicine doing its job. He barely ate yesterday, which usually happens with being on albuterol and prednosone. We tried to get him into bed several times last night, with midnight being the last time. The medication makes him extremely hyper the second day of sickness, so we end up having a kid playing in the middle of the night!!

Last night, Matt finally caught the cold also. It doesn't help that he is the one having to get up multiple times during the night to take care of Ethan right now. He's pretty miserable and I am trying to work hard to not become sick also. It's hard because the things I would normally do to help me prevent myself from getting sick cannot be done right now. I can't even drink a big glass of orange juice, like I usually do! So, I'm trying to stay rested and keep myself going, but I'm not sure if it is working. I'm really hoping that the symptoms that I think are coming on are just due to my allergies that I have been dealing with all week.

This is not a good time for this family to be sick! I told Matt that he has to get better quick, so that he can still participate in the birth safely, especially if it is a c-section. He is the only one I want with me and I don't want to have to decide on someone else to be there. We are nearing the end now and I want us all healthy for this little guy to come :)

I'm getting more and more anxious about his birth and wanting him to be healthy. I thought this feeling would go away once I became full-term and here I am, almost 38 weeks and still scared that something bad will happen to him. I know that the feeling will never go away, because it never has with Ethan and I guess that is part of being a parent. I just wish that I could relax a little about the birth. But, again I'm guessing that is normal for all pregnant women about to give birth :) I'll let you know what I find out from the doctor on Monday. We'll probably come up with a plan for the next week or so, if I don't go into labor on my own. If I didn't have gestational diabetes, I would be fine with just waiting it out, but I know that there can be more risks if we do wait it out. So, we'll see what he decides to do.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope you all get better soon! Zach's been fighting a cold and asthma episode lately too. Ick.

And you are now officially more pregnant than I have ever been. How cool is that? I'm so thrilled for you.

Let me know if you need anything!!