Friday, October 31, 2008

My first outing with the kids!

Yesterday, I became very brave and went out with both boys! There were some challenges, like Micah screaming for the first five minutes of the car ride and the stroller refusing to open, but we made it!!

I had to go pick up some stuff at the March of Dimes office and decided that I would stop over at my mom's house afterwards so that she could spend some time with Micah, before she goes to Italy next week. The hour before leaving was interesting as I was trying to get all three of us ready to go, which included putting the kids in their costumes for my mom to see. Luckily, Matt was home for lunch and he was able to get Ethan ready, but my impatient little Ethan ended up asking every couple of minutes "can we go now?". That of course did not help things while I was getting Micah and I ready to go :)

We finally got on our way and ended up spending some time visiting with Jodi at the MOD office and my mom was able to spend some quality time with Micah. We even got out for dinner at a restaurant :) Of course, today I'm exhausted and incredibly sore, but I'm happy we were able to get out yesterday.

I am still surprised about how some of the soreness just sneaks up on me. It is mostly my sciadic that hurts today and I'm thinking it is because I did a lot of standing and sitting in hard chairs yesterday. I'm hoping the pain will ease up a bit today. I was talking to Matt and he reminded me that this is all part of the process, but I will be so happy to have it all over! I'm hoping it will be soon, but I have nearly 6 months of bedrest to recover from, which means a lot of unused muscles need to wake up! Yet another reason why we have decided not to venture into another pregnancy!

Tonight we are going to get them dressed up to visit Matt's mom, uncle, aunt and grandpa. I think Ethan will enjoy it now that he understands what candy is!! I'm guessing one of them will take some pictures for us tonight so that you can see our little ninja (Ethan) and superman (Micah). In the meantime, here are a few pictures of Micah and Ethan from Monday night with grandma.

No comments: