Thursday, October 02, 2008

Progress Update

Well, we are still waiting :) There are still no major signs of impending birth! I have had a little more tightening over the past few days, but nothing painful and nothing timable. I have however, become more and more exhausted. I have been taking two small naps a day lately, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Carrying the weight has been difficult on me over the past couple of days. I don't think that being as short as I am is really helping much!! I've also had a lot more back pain because of the weight of my belly sticking out so far and my back is trying to compensate for it. It's so funny how getting up from the couch or even the bed is so much more difficult. I'm amazed at how quickly it has all changed in just a couple of days!!

The baby is still moving well and I feel every movement. My belly is completely solid and pretty much everywhere you touch, you can feel him. It is so strange to know how big he must be :) So far, we have the record of the smallest grandchild on my side of the family and we are hoping not to also have the biggest grandchild!! The record holder right now was 8lb 12oz, so I guess we'll see where this little guy (or should I say big guy) fits in :)

Overall, we are still hanging in here and becoming more and more impatient to meet him :) Ethan is getting more and more excited each day also! I'm so happy to be at my due date month, finally!! We will keep you updated and as I said before, I go to the doctor on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lina,
We haven't met but I started reading your blog in June when I was put on bedrest for preterm labor. I searched and searched for bedrest blogs and found yours.

We made it! - Our beautiful little girl is 6 weeks old today. She arrived at 38w6d.

Thank you so much for blogging your way through it all. I remember long days of 'well what can I do now that I've looked at this wall and that window 25 zillion times'. On those days I would check two or three times each day to see if you'd posted anything new.

Anyway, thanks a lot and I hope all goes well for you and your family in the next few weeks.

Best wishes,
Bridget from Atlanta