Monday, September 29, 2008

37 Week Update

I will finally be full-term tomorrow :) I can't wait!! I went to the doctor today and I didn't get very hopeful news. The baby is doing wonderful, but my news was not so great. He checked me and I have not changed from 1 cm dilated, which isn't surprising due to the fact that I have had no major contractions in the last several days. He said he did not feel the piece of the stitch that he left in, but he said he is still not confident that he got enough of it out. Basically, he said that I could go into labor and possibly not dilate, which was not good news to hear. I was really hoping to avoid a C-Section, but it is not looking too good at this point. He also said that it doesn't help that the baby is so big already.

I'm really trying not to be disappointed, as I know that women do this all the time, but being that this is my last pregnancy I really wanted to be able to experience things as close to a basic delivery as possible. There is nothing I can do if this is the route we have to go, but it is taking a lot in me to change my thinking. I just feel like I have already been through enough with this pregnancy and now I have to add this onto it all. I am remindng myself that the further I can go, the better chance of a healthier baby and if that means a c-section, so be it.

I think I could still have some chance, if I go into labor this week and that he is wrong about the stitch. I asked him what the plan will be for the next couple of weeks and he said that he won't intervene until sometime between 38 and 39 weeks, which is pretty much what we figured over the last few days. So, basically next week or into the beginning of the week after that. So, we will either be scheduling an induction or a c-section. I know he wants me to try labor first and then do a c-section if we have to, unless he really feels that a c-section would be best.

Saturday night, I was in so much physical pain, mostly in my back that I prayed to God to relieve me of this pain and help me to get through the rest of this pregnancy as comfortably as I can. Sunday, when I looked at my google homepage the message from God that was on there said...
The difficult way is nearly over. Hold on in My Strength. Courage and Joy will conquer all troubles.

I've been reminding myself of that lately. I just ask that for those of you that are praying for this pregnancy, to please pray that God continue to work through me to give me the strength and courage to get through whatever delivery comes my way. The prayers have worked to keep this little guy in me and I know that they will work to help him be born to us safely. I'll keep you updated if anything changes during the week. I go back to the doctor next Monday if nothing happens this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lina,

First, I want to say Congrats on making it full-term!!!

I had a c-section with the twins. I was disappointed early on too, but going in prepared really helped a lot. I just wanted to give you some advice for recovery. These three tips were given to me and helped. 1) Get up and move as soon as you can. I know you will be somewhat down for 24hrs., but getting up and moving helped after that. 2) Take pain medications on-time. I always took mine every 4-6hrs so major pain would not kick in. 3) Do not drink anything carbonated for about a week. Gas from pop can be very painful. I drank a lot of iced tea and water afterwards.

I hope these help you if a c-section is needed. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and would do a c-section all over again.

Take care!!

April Doran