Monday, September 15, 2008

Great News!!!!

I have some great news from my appointment today! I have officially been freed of strict bedrest! He said I can get up and walk around and I will be able to go places! It will be hard, but I will be working hard to get my body ready to deliver this little guy. I'm hoping to build my endurance a little more each day this week! I went to church for the first time yesterday, since Mother's day and that was completely exhausting, but good. It was good to see everyone again and to be told how many people have been praying for this little one. I was so tired yesterday, but it was a good tired :)

I just feel so pumped up right now! I am so excited about this. I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. I am going to stay on the progesterone until my cerclage removal. I think he would like me to at least make it that far if I can and so do I. I would really like to have this next week 1/2 to build my strength, so I'm ok with staying on the progesterone. It is not completely stopping my contractions, but it is probably helping to keep them from getting too strong. I have an ultrasound to check his growth again on Monday right before my regular NST and appointment. Based on the way he sounded today, I think he is going to use that information to see if he will induce me, if needed after the cerclage removal. I know he does not want to do a c-section, unless it is totally necessary, so I think that if the baby is measuring big, he will go ahead and induce me if I don't go into labor on my own.

At this point, Matt and I are planning that the baby will come the 25th or after. We'll be prepared just in case that is when it happens. Of course, I will be watching myself closely this week and get prepared a little sooner, just in case! I am so excited we are so close. I'm sure Matt will be relieved when this little guy is here, he has had such a crazy schedule over the last several months. It was so nice to look at my calendar for October and see that I don't have any appointments scheduled until the very end of October!! This has all been a great birthday present for me, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I also get my wish to be pregnant on my birthday (well, at least I'm pretty sure I will!).

I'll keep you updated on any changes as the week progresses.

No comments: