Tuesday, September 09, 2008

34 Weeks!!!!

I am 34 weeks today! 3 more weeks until I am considered full-term! Nothing too major happened at yesterday's appointment. The NST took a long time again because my little man was sleeping. She actually had to use this little zapper to wake him up, he did not like that :) The first time, he got mad and then fell back asleep, kind of like a snooze button :) The second time, he got really mad and kicked like crazy and gave the information we needed.

The doctor told me again that he would be ok if the baby came now. Basically, he is not going to stop labor at this point. Kind of scary to me, but at the same time exciting that we are at the point that we can say that :) I'm measuring only 2 weeks ahead, which is really good. He is going to be a big baby, but hopefully not a giant baby :) That scares me :)

I am going to get my endurance up a little this week, but I will still remain on bedrest. The only thing I will do everyday is walk out to the bus to get Ethan, which is not a long walk. The doctor said that next week I'll be able to go out to dinner or even to the store :) It has been forever since either of those things have happened and it works out well because I may actually be able to go out to dinner for my birthday! I also stop progesterone next week, so that may allow contractions to begin.

Overall, all is still good right now. I go see the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor on Thursday. We are hoping for a surprise ultrasound :) They do 3D there, so that would be fun. It would be fun to get a little glimpse of him. I'll update you after that appointment. We are looking forward to what the next couple of weeks will bring. It is exciting to know that we are really in the countdown now :)

No comments: