Tuesday, September 02, 2008

33 Week Appointment

All went well again today. We had a little difficulty getting some kicks for the NST, but he eventually cooperated enough. He was really busy kicking right before the appointment, the little stinker! When I went into the doctor, the nurse gave me some info about labor, delivery and post-delivery! That was so crazy to get. It really made it real how close we are now. The doctor told me that he was really happy with how far I have gotten and he feels that the baby would be ok if he would happen to be born now. Obviously, he nor I want that, but it was reassuring to know I got him into another safety zone!

He confirmed that he will let me get up a walk around a bit more next week. I'll know more on Monday's appointment on what that means. I plan to still rest enough so that I can get to my cerclage removal date without any major problems. We also confirmed the date for the cerclage removal, which will be Sept. 25! So, barring any early labor, the earliest I should go into labor will be Sept. 25 or sometime soon after that. That is only a little over 3 weeks away. I am finally starting to feel like a normal pregnant women, which is a great feeling. The anxiety is changing for me, it is not so much a life or death anxiety, it is more the anxiety of having a new baby in a few weeks! I'm happy to have that anxiety! After 19 weeks of bedrest, I think I deserve it :)

I almost forgot, I was put on medication for my gest. diabetes. It seems to be helping already. I was still having high numbers at lunch and those have gotten better. I told them I would do anything I needed to get this baby here safely. I see the Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor (the one who put in the cerclage) next Thursday. He wants to see me, since he was the one that had to prescribe the medicine.

Thanks again for all of your support. We'll keep you updated on any changes, otherwise, I will update you after the appointment on Monday and then on Thursday if there is anything to tell!

No comments: