Sunday, September 21, 2008

Potpourri of Stuff!

Waiting for the school bus!

He's quite the super star!!

As I said in the last post being "off" of bedrest has not been much different from being on bedrest, except that I can go out now. After my birthday adventure, I was incredibly tired and sore all day on Thursday. So, for both Thursday and Friday I took it really easy. On Saturday, I got up early and went with my sister Erika, my mom and my niece Alex to go get our haircuts. We all go to the same hair sylist, so when I called him this week and asked if had anything open, they were already scheduled and he fit me in :) I finally got my hair cut and it feels great. I actually went pretty short this time. I wanted something easy for the next couple of weeks, since I know that I will have the baby and then I will have to be able to shower and get ready quickly, like I have all summer. Ethan even got his hair cut on Friday night. He kept telling us that his hair was getting bigger, so we knew we had to get it cut! I just love the way he talks :)

After the hair cuts, we went out to lunch and when I got home, I just crawled into bed and slept for a little while. I was so sore and exhausted from the morning! Then our friends Jim and Anne came by with their baby Liam. It was so nice to see them, since we haven't seen them since July sometime. We were both so surprised how big Liam was and it reminded us how quickly babies grow :) Even with the burst of energy I got from having visitors over, I still felt pretty tired and ended up laying on the couch for the rest of the evening and went to bed about an hour earlier than normal.
Today, we are visiting with Matt's family, so we ended up not going to church today, because I am still really sore from yesterday. So, I am again taking it easy this morning, so that I can enjoy this afternoon! It really amazes me how much work I have to do to just build up my strength. It will be a busy week this week, so I know I will be resting quite a bit in my down times.
I have to share a funny story from this morning about Ethan. He had us pull out a tent that he has that collapses so that it can be stored. He was playing in it this morning and he said "mama, I'm in the tent" and I said "peek-a-boo", expecting him to poke his head out, but instead he said "I don't see you!", in the same sing song voice that I had. He knows that I normally say "peek-a-boo, I see you", so he finished it in his own way :) He had me laughing so hard. I'm so glad he got Matt's sense of humor, between the two of them, I am laughing all the time :) I hope this little guy gets the same sense of humor, although I know that I am going to end up being the butt of most of their jokes, but I can handle it, as I have for the 15 years I've been with Matt! I get my own little jabs in once in awhile :) The one cell phone commercial (this is pretty close to how it goes) where the mom is complaining about the milk that was spilled on their minutes and the husband says, "who would want milky minutes anyway", and she says "my sister would appreciate milky minutes" and the dad says "isn't your sister lactose intolerant?" and then the dad and the boys laugh...shows me what it will be like to have a husband and two boys all with the same sense of humor!! Speaking of the men in my life...
Watching the first Browns game together and yes, they are eating Doritoes, shocking, I know!!



Not too happy the Browns lost...

No comments: