Saturday, September 27, 2008

Waiting Patiently...

We are still hanging strong and waiting patiently for this little one's arrival. I will be 37 weeks, which is full-term on Tuesday, so it would be great to make it as close to that as possible, even if it is after. We went to an outdoor mall nearby to get me up and walking. We walked for a little over 2 hours straight :) Hopefully, gravity will do its job at some point :) It was so great to walk and not feel my stitch, as it was really beginning to hurt over the last several weeks, due to the baby's weight. I was quite sore when we got home, but I rested and am feeling a lot better now, other than the fact that my feet are swelling for the first time this entire pregnancy! At least it is not taking me as long to recover from walking now :)

Ethan had such a great time and it was so good for the three of us to get out and do something fun. Most of the shopping we did ended up being for Ethan. He needed some new shoes and he was really excited to get them. He also loves books and usually when we go to a bookstore he is allowed to pick out a book, this time he picked out 3 :) He was happy to read one of them before bed tonight. We also found a really good sale on clothes for him, since he is growing out of so much of his clothing right now. We can't seem to keep up with his clothes and shoes sometimes :)

The mall had a great outdoor area for kids that Ethan loved. There was a small waterfall, a bridge and a play area that had these large stone animals that you could climb on. It also had some grassy steps, which was his favorite. He had so much fun playing and we had fun watching him. Overall, it was a great day for all three of us! We had a great lunch and a good time shopping. We were all impressed by the fact that I actually lasted as long as I did. Like I said before, having the stitch out makes a huge difference and I've also been working on building my endurance over the last couple of weeks.

A little piece of good news about Ethan...On Wednesday, I took Ethan to his pulmonary appointment and they decided that we are going to see if Ethan has outgrown his asthma. We are pretty sure he hasn't, but it was good to hear that we will not need to put him back on his meds until he has another cold that requires intervention. That was really exciting news. So, we'll see how it goes :)

I go back to the doctor on Monday as long as nothing changes in the next day or so. I will update again after that appointment. Have a great rest of the weekend :)

No comments: