Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Things are happening a little earlier...

I called the doctor's office today to confirm the day my dr. is on call next week, so that Matt could plan with work. It turns out he is on call on Monday, he couldn't remember which day when we talked to him yesterday. So, I gave the situation and said that I wasn't scheduled for my next appointment until Tuesday and he wanted to move forward next week and not wait until 40 weeks. So, I am now going in for my ultrasound this Friday and then we'll see him right after to make the decision on what to do on Monday.

I certainly don't mind it being a couple of days earlier than we thought :) He had originally told us that he thought he was on call on Wed, so we were thinking things would happen on Wed. The cool thing about it happening on Monday is that October 13 is the anniversary of Ethan's homecoming from the hospital 4 years ago! Matt and I were both pretty excited that we could have the baby on the same day, it's like it ties everything together for our family :)

Ethan is pretty excited about him coming soon! He asks me everyday when the baby can come. I've been talking to him about the hospital and that I will have to stay there for a few days with the baby before we can come home. He seems to understand, because he has noticed that I have a bunch of stuff packed and ready to go whenever I need it. He tends to point out my makeup and shower bags that are on the counter in the bathroom and he says that I need them for the hospital (hostipal, in his words). He has also decided that the baby must be stuck! He keeps asking to kiss the baby and then he says he's stuck. That then leads us into telling the baby to come out and that we want to see him :) Ethan even said that he loves his brother tonight after giving my belly a kiss! I'm loving his reactions to all of this and I'm so excited to be making our family a little bigger :) I think he'll make a great big brother.

We are so excited to be less than a week away at this point! We are really hoping that he decides to do something for us on the 13th, because we are both ready. Physically, this has been getting more and more difficult on me. I know it would be hard in a normal situation, but I am also still recovering from 5 months of bedrest, which compounds all of the aches and pains even more. I'm thankful to at least have had another 2 weeks past my cerclage removal to help me build up some of my strength. I'm better than I was 3 weeks ago when I first started getting up and walking, but I will still have some more work to do. I still have to learn how to drive again :) I have not driven since April 21st! I'm actually quite scared to do it again, because I fear my reaction times will not be good enough between my brain to my feet. I guess we'll see once he comes and I can get out and practice in the neighborhood a little :)

We are looking forward to the next couple of days and still hoping that I may go into labor on my own in the next few days :) Thanks again for all of your support, we wouldn't be here without all of you supporting us. We'll keep you updated!

No comments: